Friday, November 7, 2014

Dobie Choir 1988-1989

The last of the choir books I scanned on this trip, 1988-1989 was yet another reason to envy the class that graduated a year after me. The band got to go to Walt Disney World, and now I discover the Acapella Choir got to go to New York City at Thanksgiving!








Those have got to be UNITS -- the one-size-fits-all modular wardrobe that disappeared pretty quickly in the 90s. Classic.













At the Verrazzano Monument in Battery Park 
(ironically, the photo doesn't include the top, which is the explorer himself)
I got curious about this one since it was unfamiliar to me. Turns out, it has been off display and in storage for almost a decade now.


At this point, you'll start to notice a subway token in some of the photographs.
It wasn't until later that I realized the 20+ year-old glue had given up and left the coin on the glass of the scanner as I proceeded swapping pages. Sorry!















































Other 1988-1989 Photos:





























No comments:

Post a Comment