Thursday, November 24, 2016

Houston Foley's Downtown Thanksgiving Day Parade and Window Display

While on the hunt for Foley's Almeda photos, there were a few in the UH files I couldn't pass by without snapping photos of on my phone of the Downtown Thanksgiving Parade, 1954

SEE YOU IN YOUR NIGHTMARES, KIDS!!




On my next trip back in January I will be sure to collect more of these as well as the window displays they would put on at the holidays. 

One photo I did come away with last April was of their window display in 1950 on their 50th anniversary,  imagining what Houston would look like (and how Foley's would service the city) in the year 2000. I zoomed in on some spots here and there. 










1 comment:

  1. My dad did all those amazing Windows his name was Marvin Stalarow

    ReplyDelete