Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Stop N Go Bust, December 1986

The photo below was just a snapshot among the thousands in drawers and boxes at The Leader that I scanned last spring.

I had posted it on FB months back, asking if anyone spotted themselves or remembered the circumstances and date. It ended up with almost 60 comments, people tagging one another, guessing at a year, but nothing substantial. No one copped to getting busted. 


Today, I am finishing up a week in Houston, kind of the anniversary since the start of the blog one year ago, and look to be coming back with over 1800 scans this time around. Since I don't plan to be back for a good while, hopefully this will be fuel for the blog for a long time.

I'd gone back through the stacks and worked on scanning all of the Brio articles from the early 90s. At the same time, I pulled out the older stacks again and managed to scan my way back through a decade of Leader newspapers (1976 to 1986).

This afternoon, in the 1986 pile, on almost the last newspaper of the year, there was the Stop N Go photo (actually a different one that the surviving snapshot above), but only just the bottom half. Hopefully the statute of limitations on juvenile anonymity has long since expired.


December 18, 1986




No comments:

Post a Comment