Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween Week Part II The Atkinson Clown Lunch Ladies


In keeping with the Halloween theme this week, here's a little gem from the front page of the 1976 South Belt Press.

I'm not sure who thought this was a good idea. 

I very much appreciate Lunch Lady Laura who doesn't appear to want to play along, but dons a lone party hat for the photo.

"Much to the delight of the Atkinson youngsters"???

If I'm a first grader at Atkinson elementary, whatever these lunch ladies served me that day could evoke PTSD for the rest of my life. Meatloaf might elicit this response thereafter:


Seriously, a couple of those ladies are terrifying. 

(Ok, maybe not American-Horror-Story-Twisty terrifying, but creepy enough for the majority of children who are frightened by clowns.)

Happy Halloween Week!





No comments:

Post a Comment