Sunday, July 13, 2014

Jerry's Pier 8 in Seabrook

My dad happened across this little take-out menu from Jerry's Pier 8 in Seabrook, Texas in a box in the basement. 

This was one of our family's favorite places to dine-out south of South Belt. You walked up the stairs and into the restaurant.

The windows overlooking the bay also afforded a view of your dinner, coming in fresh off the boats. 

On weekend evenings there was a live piano player in the main dining hall on a baby grand and the lights were dimmed to candlelight status. 




The place is currently in business as a seafood market downstairs and a seafood buffet upstairs, but Jerry's has been long gone from the Seabrook scene.

3 comments:

  1. I used to work there in the early '80s. Best job I ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry is my grandmother. Judy is my mother. Although I wasn't fortunate enough to meet my grandmother since she passed before I was born, I remember playing in the restaurant as a little girl before my uncle's sold it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked there in the early 80's. Very fond memories of that place. Really loved the food.
    - Karry (Miguel) Meador

    ReplyDelete