Tuesday, February 4, 2014

1988 Dobie Roundup Yearbook Volume 20


While I was running out of time on the day I was scanning most of the yearbooks in the library that I didn't own,  I did have plenty of time with this one at home. (It's my senior year.)



remember when you had to walk in and find out where your homeroom was from a giant dot matrix printed list taped on the wall?

Each yearbook featured the past year's delivery, typically in the first month of the new school year. If you were a senior, you didn't get them until after you'd graduated and everyone had moved on. So our yearbook was the first to be delivered at the end of our senior year, ahead of prom and Project Graduation. etc. Seniors were mailed an insert of those events to put in the back of their books over the summer. So we got our '88 yearbooks in late April, and saw pictures of us getting our '87 yearbooks inside.

Between 80s fashion and Alf, Alf wins.

I also don't think I came across past yearbooks that included photos of our lovable lunch ladies either!



The 1987-88 season was also the debut of Live Louie. Louie the First: Cathy Brockman




The newspaper was still typed, despite the pretty widespread use of home computers. 


Mr. Golenko's Room




Coach Tarleton AND a Miss Piggy Poster?  Too much awesome. 

Hi-tech AV






No comments:

Post a Comment