Tuesday, February 4, 2014

1985 Dobie Roundup Yearbook Volume 17


As my freshman yearbook, this one is pretty well worn around the edges!

 The more things change...

 Surfer wear was very big that year. 

 And so were short shorts. 

Woolworth's counter 



 This would the next to the last year for the Q-Tip Band hat uniforms

 Although the drum line got out of wearing them. 

 New classes included Introduction to Computing. Check out the floppy disk drive. 

 Mrs. Bray and her teacups!


 Single scoop at Baskin Robbins costs you .75 cents.

The new electronic scrolling message board was installed in the quad. Programming it, however, required you to be directly in front and wired in. 




Mrs. Moncrief's Roaring '20s Great Gastsby party for the Sophomore Honors English classes. She would have loved Downton Abbey.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, all these people are my old classmates. I met my wife in that "new" computer class in 1985. Her dad made her take "computer math" and I did a lot of her work for her. Mr. Barnhill, I think, was our teacher. Still married to her. :-)

    ReplyDelete