Wednesday, May 23, 2018

St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic Church

As I was putting the "This is South Belt 1978" post together, I realized I had collected precious few photos of St. Luke's on  Hall Rd. that has been a staple in the community since they were formed in 1975.

Their building dedication happened in 1979, but the architect for the building was named in 1976, and construction began back in 1977. They moved in June 10, 1979.

A Google search was not turning up much in terms of the building as it stood in the late 70s, so I contacted Marie asking if she could locate anything additional and voila! I suddenly can do a decent post with tons of great photos of the construction!









 





 
































 













The following are pages are from a PDF of the 25th Anniversary of the Church with lots of info
































Additional scans from the Leader










No comments:

Post a Comment